Monday, March 12, 2007

Jumpsuits and Rompers

I have been getting a bunch of requests for jumpsuit patterns. I talked to some of my customers to find out why they wanted these patterns. They are performers, people traveling, some who see it as an upcoming fashion. I looked at the big 4 sewing pattern companies online - sure enough, they have a few jumpsuit sewing patterns - but mostly for kids.


Butterick 6231, Butterick 6618


What are people seeing out there? With a quick search I found a few jumpsuits for sale at Nordstroms and Spiegel.



So.. if you want to sew a jumpsuit for spring or summer - you will probably have to use a vintage patterns, unless the big 4 can produce a few more options soon. I know that Butterick, Vogue, Simplicity and McCall's all have produced a variety of jumpsuit and romper patterns for adults. If they get enough requests for them, maybe they will start producing patterns for them again...