Thursday, February 01, 2007

Women in Ties

I have been following the TV show Ugly Betty from episode 1. Fashion, drama, humor - what wouldn't I like? There is one character that catches my eye - Amanda, played by Becki Newton.


I love the way she marches around the office. I also love that she wears ties. Should we start wearing ties again? What about jumpers?



Butterick 6440

or is this how we should be wearing ties?



Here is how to make one of those.


I KNEW I had a tie skirt pattern - or a skirt that looked like it was made out of ties! No ties would be destroyed to make this skirt. I'm not sure if that is a blessing or a curse...




Prominent Patterns 955

3 comments:

Devorah said...

The skirt is kind of cute but I admit that I'm not about to make it. As for ties around my neck? No thank you. I'm working very hard to look both professional and feminine these days so no ties for me.

Anonymous said...

I love wearing a tie but I can't keep it on straight, it usually comes loose or crooked and sometimes my collar sticks up in front.

Sarah said...

I have a tie skirt made about ten years ago when I was in college...

and actual ties were harmed during the creating, though I kept the tie substance so mine is a stiffer versiona dn less flowy than those.